Tuesday, July 9, 2013

10...Well, 15 of my favorite things.

 One of my favorite sports to play and watch is football. Although I'm terribly short I'm a pretty awesome receiver and I can throw a mean spiral.  What I like about this picture is it veers from the typical LS that football is usually depicted in and goes for a CU. I also like how it shows the texture of football, right down to the dirt.
 BMW'S are my favorite car. Its something about the way they ride that has taken over my life. I like what this picture implies. To me it screams: RACE. The lines in the road give this shot alot of depth as it meets the top 1/3rd on the horizon. I also like how the cars are angled in a 3/4 profile so you can see their bodies. Yes, cars are people too. My BMW was named Roman.
 I could eat my bodyweight in crawfish. Everyday. I love the shallow depth of field in this picture. It too aslo veers from the typical shot of crawfish boils you may encounter. Though I wish there were corn and potatoes in this picture to really encompass the whole experience, I like the neatness of this one. Huge mounds of crawfish aren't as aesthetically pleasing on camera as they are in person.
 I lived in Destin, FL for three years and I spent most of my time on the water for this very reason. ITS BEAUTIFUL.  The water is a more brilliant blue than the sky! Not to mention I love boats. I also love how the water takes up 2/3's of the frame as it is the focus of the picture.
 My favorite color is green so this one doesn't need much explanation. The reason I chose this particular picture was I liked the depth the walkway added in the frame.
This shot takes me back to high school. I was on the drumline all 4 years and I played the snare. When we watched drum corp videos I always loved the angle they shot the snares at. As in this picture, they'll get drum level and take you down the whole line. In this particular shot, I love the layers in the depth of field. 

 I love to ride horses. We have 7. That's more people that live in my household, but if the apocolypse comes: we're set. Not only is the depth of field awesome in this shot but I like how the subjects come from off frame and meet in the middle. Its very interesting to me. They might be in-horse-love. Who knows!
 I think pitbull puppies are the cutest things ever! What I like about this picture is that it isn't your typical puppy shot. Obviously he's a model! I love how they framed him in a headshot. He even has eye light! #DontBullyMyBreed
 I really love music, as I'm sure everyone else does, but what I like about this picture is the framing and composition. The subject is abiding by The Rule of Thirds, the DOF is shallow, the light is bright and revitalizing, and it has layers. I also like the eye level approach to this one. It captures the relaxation music can bring.
 Basketball was my first love. My little sister was named after MJ because he was my favorite, only with a not-so-slight spelling change (Jourdyn). This low angle shot captures the essence  of MJ. Even though he is in the center of the frame it works because he isn't facing dead center, he las lead room to his endpoint, and you can't really pinpoint from where he started. The beauty of flight.


These are pictures that I took (on my iPhone before my t3i)

 I took this picture on the way home around the time my grandma was passing. I knew what I was going home for and this scene really seemed like God's way of foreshadowing what was to come. There was a beautiful sunset. I really like the colors in it as well as the depth the lines in the road provide. The dutch angle also  speaks on the outcome of the trip.
 I took this on a cruise to Mexico. I like the rich colors in it and the depth the sun's reflection adds. There was a hugh patch of clouds that made taking the picture possible because the sun was way too bright without them.
 One of my absolute favorite places to be is at the family property on Fowl River in Mobile. The colors in this picture are amazing to me. This was before my composition and framing knowledge but I think I did pretty good capturing the beauty and essence of The River.
 As I told you earlier, pitbull puppies are the cutest! My dog Rajah (yes, like off of Aladdin) decided the couch was a very dangerous place this particular day. So he kept me and spongebob safe. Peep the look room.
I love to play beer pong. I am a champion, hence the confetti. In this picture I liked the colors and the framing of the cups. I didn't feel like I needed the whole frame to let you know what the deal was.

4 comments:

  1. It's so cool that you lived in Destin for a few years! When I was younger my family and I went on vacation to Destin every year for about 5 years. I agree that the water in Destin is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you play snare drum! I was in the band...well, for a long time. MIddle school, high school, and college up until this past school year. I played clarinet though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I could eat my weight in crawfish as well. I just hate the amount of effort that you have to put in to get to the actual food though. I was never that good at it haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats an awesome picture of the river in mobile. I have a friend that has a house down there but is not on the water. crawfish is probably one of my favorite things about summer also. I can eat plate fulls of it an not even think about it

    ReplyDelete